Find your catchment.
To register your child in a North Vancouver School District school, you must first determine their school catchment area. Note: this does not apply to North Vancouver Online Learning and international students.
A student will normally attend the school located in their catchment area (i.e., the area in which their parents or legal guardians reside), unless there are no physical resources or program space available.
To determine the school catchment area, please use our School Locater tool.
Step 3: Schedule an appointment with Central Registration.
You must make an appointment using our online booking system BEFORE visiting Central Registration at the Education Services Centre.
Our booking system provides appointment times for up to 21 days out from today's date. Additional time slots are added on a daily basis.
If you are unable to secure an appointment time using our online booking system, please contact Reception at 604-903-3444 or email Central Registration at email@example.com.
What to bring to your appointment
A physical copy of :
- Completed Student Registration form.
- Student's original birth certificate or Certificate of Indian Status Identification Card. Note: The birth certificate should include the parents' names and be translated into English.
- Proof of address in B.C.
- Current utility statement such as electrical , gas, landline telephone, or internet/cable statement. Note: If all utilities are included in your rental agreement*, please provide a copy of your rental/lease agreement and a current BC Hydro, gas, landline telephone, or internet/cable statement in the landlord's/homeowner's name as per the lease/tenancy agreement.
- If you have recently purchased a home, please provide your purchase agreement with subjects removed.
* If you do not have a formal tenancy agreement (i.e., living with family or friends), we require:
- A letter from the tenant/homeowner verifying this living arrangement. The letter must include the names of all your family members who are living in the residence; and
- Proof of the residence of the tenant/homeowner (as per accepted documents for renters noted above).
- All relevant original legal documentation involving guardianship (in the case of separation, divorce, adoption or guardianship court orders.
- School report cards, with certified translation in English (if applicable).
- Elementary school registration: Report cards from the most recent school year.
- Secondary school registration:
- For Grades 8 and 9: most recent report card.
- For Grades 10, 11, 12: All report cards from Grade 10 to current year.
- Any Individual Education Plan (IEP), psycho-educational assessment or medical reports that pertain to the child (if applicable).
- A copy of the student's immunization record must be submitted directly to Vancouver Coastal Health, by email (photo or scan) to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 604-983-6883.
Important: Additional documentation will be required for non-Canadian residents. To view the documents required, please visit this link.
|Oct. 26, 2022||Parents/guardians of children entering Kindergarten in September 2023 are encouraged to attend the District Kindergarten Orientation information session at Centennial Theatre on Wednesday, October 26. For more information, click HERE.|
|Oct. 31, 2022|
|Registration begins for new Kindergarten students for the 2023-2024 school year (children born in 2018). |
|Dec. 9, 2022||Deadline for priority placement consideration for new Kindergarten registrations (2023-2024 school year). Note: the Central Registration office closes at 4 p.m.|
Jan. 23, 2023
An information session for Grade 5 students and their families interested in registering for the Late French Immersion program (Grade 6 entry) will be held at Ecole Secondaire Argyle Secondary School on Monday, January 23 from 6:30 - 7:30 pm. RSVP to the session here. Applications to the program will be accepted beginning Monday, January 23rd through to Friday, March 3.
|Jan. 23, 2023 |
|Registration and transfer requests for Grades 1-12 begins. |
|Jan 26, 2023||Families with students in Grade 7 to 11 are invited to learn more about the various Enhanced Programs and Academies offered at secondary schools throughout the school district. Event is at Sutherland Secondary School from 6:30 - 8:30 pm. |
|Jan 27, 2023||Registration for SD44 Academies begins. |
|Feb 27, 2023||Deadline for initial SD44 Academy placement|
|March 3, 2023 ||Deadline for priority placement consideration for Grade 1-12, new registrations and transfer requests. Note: the Central Registration office closes at 4 p.m.|
In person at the Central Registration Office
Education Services Centre
2121 Lonsdale Avenue (2nd floor)
North Vancouver, B.C. V7M 2K6
Phone 604 903 3444
Fax 604 903 3369
Central Registration Office Hours
Office hours during the school year are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Education Services Centre is closed on B.C. statutory holidays. Please refer to the District Calendar for more information.