To apply to the North Vancouver School District please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Custodians play an essential role in the North Vancouver School District's service operations. Our team of custodians keep our 25 elementary and 7 secondary schools safe, secure and well maintained, by providing routine janitorial and custodial service and assisting students, staff and the public as needed.
We are currently hiring On-Call Custodians. Our team of On-Call Custodians play an essential role in service operations by keeping our schools clean, safe and well maintained by:
- Providing routine janitorial and custodial tasks, including cleaning, waxing hallways and stairs
- Securing the school at night and ensuring adequate heat and light
- For non-routine problems and emergencies, you will refer to a supervisor who may call upon you to shut off water unplug sinks, toilets and drains as well as perform minor repairs
- Assist students, staff and the public as appropriate by locking or unlocking rooms, moving furniture or equipment and providing facility information
- Assist with and maintain the recycling program
This is a casual/on-call, unionized position and the current rate of pay is $23.92/hour, plus 14% in lieu of benefits. Hours of work are either, 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the day shift, or 3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. for the afternoon shift. Our on-call custodians have the option to choose day or afternoon shifts based on their circumstances and where there is an opportunity to work up to 40 hours per week.
The following information is required for custodian applications:
- Three professional references