The North Vancouver School District offers Grade 8 French Immersion students from across the District the opportunity to travel to the heart of French-Canadian culture in Quebec City for a unique educational experience. This trip, arranged in collaboration with Auberge du Mont, an organization specializing in educational programs for French Immersion students, is rich in linguistic, historical, and cultural experiences. Students are accommodated in a
mountain resort just a short drive from Old Quebec, and supervised by
North Vancouver School District employees and Auberge du Mont staff
members. There are also French Canadian guides for all planned
activities who will converse with students exclusively in French.
*Please note that there will be a lottery this year to determine which students will be able to participate.
- June 4-6, 2019: Registration packages accepted at the ESC (2nd floor reception desk)
- June 11-12, 2019: Parent/Guardian will be notified whether their child has been assigned a spot or added to the waitlist.
- June 14, 2019: $200 non-refundable commitment fee
- November 6, 2019: Remainder of balance due
- February 11, 2020: Mandatory meeting for participating students
- April 8, 2020: Mandatory meeting for participating students
- May 6, 2020: Mandatory meeting for parents and students
- May10-16, 2020: District Québec trip
District French Facilitator