January 22, 2020
PROPOSED 2020/21 SCHOOL CALENDAR
The Board of Education invites your feedback on the PROPOSED 2020/21 North Vancouver School District School Calendar.
The School Act and the School Calendar Regulation require that proposed school calendars be made available for public comment before being considered for adoption.
While school districts may develop school calendars for up to 3 years, only 2020/21is being considered at this time. However, the proposed Winter and Spring Break dates for the next four years have been identified and can be viewed below.
Key proposed dates for the 2020/21 District Calendar are:
- First day of school: Tuesday, September 8, 2020
- Winter Break: two weeks, December 21, 2020 to January 1, 2021, inclusive (aligned with known break dates for other Metro Vancouver area school districts)
- Spring Break: two weeks, March 15, 2021 to March 26, 2021, inclusive (aligned with known break dates for other Metro Vancouver area school districts)
- Three (3) district-wide Professional Development days (no school for students)
- Two (2) school-based Professional Development days (no school for students)
- One (1) Curriculum Implementation Day (no school for students)
- Four (4) Staff Collaboration Dates throughout the year (shortened days for students)
- Last day of attendance for students: Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Feedback can be provided through the online engagement tool Thoughtexchange, which can be accessed HERE. The opportunity to provide comment and feedback begins Wednesday, January 22, 2020 and ends Friday, February 21, 2020.
A summary of feedback received through the Thoughtexchange tool will be shared with the Board of Education their Public Board Meeting scheduled for March 10, 2020 when the Board will finalize and approve a 2020/21 School Calendar.
Click on image to enlarge.
PROPOSED 20-21 School Calendar for Public Comment.pdf
NVSD Proposed School Calendar Holiday Breaks 2020/21 to 2023/24
Please click on the image below to enlarge and/or print the PDF document.
NVSD Proposed School Calendar Holiday Breaks 2020/21 to 2023/24.pdf
May 1, 2019
Approved 2019/20 School Calendar
FINAL APPROVED 19-20 School Calendar 190501.pdf
March 13, 2019
APPROVED 2019/20 SCHOOL CALENDAR
The Board of Education approved the 2019/20 School Calendar at the Public Board Meeting on March 12, 2019.
The Approved 2019/20 School Calendar includes:
- First day of school: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- Winter Break: two weeks, December 23, 2019 to January 3, 2020, inclusive. Last day of student attendance is Friday, December 20, 2019
- Spring Break: two weeks, March 16, 2020 to March 27, 2020, inclusive. Last day of student attendance is Friday, March 13, 2020
- Curriculum Implementation Day: Friday, October 4th (students are not in attendance)
- Three district-wide Professional Development Days (students are not in attendance): October 25th, February 7th, May 4th
- Two school-based Professional Development Days (students are not in attendance): to be selected by each school
- Five (5) Staff Collaboration Dates* throughout the year (shortened days for students)
- Last day of attendance for students: Thursday, June 25, 2020
*Note: the November Staff Collaboration Date is the third, rather than last, Wednesday of the month. This scheduling allows teachers to focus on preparation of Term 1 Report Cards during the last week of November.