For Immediate Release
September 22, 2021
North Vancouver School District begins school year
with new 10-year strategic plan
The North Vancouver Board of Education is pleased to introduce the North Vancouver School District's Strategic Plan 2021-2031--a bold and aspirational plan for the future that emphasizes the school district's ongoing focus and commitment to academic excellence and enriching the student learning experience.
To develop a strategic plan that meets the needs of the community, the school district engaged in a year-long highly collaborative and consultative process, which involved reflecting on progress made over the past ten years and listening to the school district community, who provided highly valuable input and insights on priorities.
Six goals were identified as top priorities:
- Student-Centred Education. Provide equity-based education that supports the learning needs of all students.
- Innovative Instruction. Enhance innovative and effective approaches and curriculum to develop educated citizens.
- Welcoming and Inclusive Culture. Enhance our welcoming, safe and inclusive culture and learning environment.
- Mental Health and Well-Being. Promote mental health and well-being through social emotional learning and trauma-informed practices.
- Truth, Healing and Reconciliation. Champion truth, healing and reconciliation, and embed Indigenous ways of knowing.
- Environmental Stewardship. Lead on sustainable practices and nature-based learning to address environmental challenges.
“We are deeply grateful to our community for their support throughout this process and are pleased with having developed a strategic plan that reflects a healthy diversity of perspectives," said Board Chair George Tsiakos. “We are confident these new goals will help the school district educate and support citizens of humanity who have the knowledge, skills and thoughtful and compassionate attitude needed to contribute to a healthy, inclusive society and prosperous and sustainable economy."
“We are excited to share the new strategic plan with the community and are looking forward to working with over 15,000 students and their families, over 2,500 staff, educational partner groups and members of the community to champion the new strategic goals and bring them to life," said Superintendent Mark Pearmain. “We encourage members of the school community to continue sharing their ideas as we journey through this 10-year plan together."
Fore more information on the Strategic Plan 2021-2031, click HERE. To view a video, which involves students from the North Vancouver School District introducing the new strategic goals, click HERE.
Lisa Dalla Vecchia
North Vancouver School District