General local elections in B.C. are held every four years on the third Saturday in October. The next general local elections will be held on October 15, 2022.
General local elections include elections for municipal councils, regional district electoral areas, boards of education, specified parks boards, local community commissions and the Islands Trust.
During the general local election, seven North Vancouver Board of Education trustees will be elected for a four-year term (2022-2026):
- Three (3) trustees elected from the City of North Vancouver; and
- Four (4) trustees elected from the District of North Vancouver.
Elections will be conducted by the respective municipalities.
Learn more about general local elections, including process, administration, candidate and voter eligibility can be found here:
Candidates interested in running for local office can collect their nomination packages from:
- District Hall on Tuesday, August 2, 2022, or
- City Hall on Friday, July 22, 2022.
Completed nomination packages must be delivered to the local Chief Election Officer by 4 p.m. on Friday, September 9, 2022.
- Nomination Period: August 30, 2022 – September 9, 2022
- Declaration of Candidates: September 9, 2022
- Candidate Nomination Withdrawal Deadline: September 16, 2022
- Advance Voting Days - City of North Vancouver (at City Hall): October 5, 8, 11, 12 and 13, 2022
- Advance Voting Days - District of North Vancouver (at District Hall): October 5, 8 and 10, 2022
- Advance Voting Days - District of North Vancouver (at Parkgate Community Centre): October 8 and 10, 2022
- General Voting Day: October 15, 2022
About the Board of Education
The North Vancouver Board of Education is responsible for making the major policy decisions governing all aspects of education within the school district as mandated in the School Act.
In North Vancouver, the Board of Education’s purpose is to enable each learner within the school district to develop to their individual potential and to acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to contribute to a healthy society and a prosperous and sustainable economy.
In accordance with the School Act, the Board is a corporate body with authority and responsibility to govern the local delivery of public education. As members of the corporate Board, trustees are accountable to the public for the collective decisions of the Board, and for the efficient and effective use of public money to improve student learning through quality educational programs and services. Learn more about the North Vancouver Board of Education HERE.
North Vancouver School District Resources
Other Helpful Links
Please direct all questions regarding trustee elections for the North Vancouver School District to the Secretary Treasurer's Office at email@example.com.
Please note the following:
The City of North Vancouver administers local elections for the offices of Mayor, Councillor and School Trustee for School District No. 44. The use of the City or the School District branding (logo, crest, etc.) is reserved exclusively for use by the City and the School District. Candidates, third party advertisers and other election participants, must not, under any circumstances, use the City or the School District branding on any election related materials, including campaign materials, election signs, social media, or campaign website. Use of City or School District branding is also not permitted by members of the public without prior approval by the City or the School District.