The North Vancouver School
District has developed the following guidelines to maximize the benefits
of the StrongStart program, and ensure the safety and adequate
supervision of all participants:
- Complete the registration and consent form and return them on your next visit to a StrongStart location.
- All children who attend the
StrongStart program must be attended by an adult (parent or
caregiver). A maximum of two children/adult is permitted. Special
consideration may be made for parents/caregivers who have more than two children (from the same family) if adequate supervision can be
provided. *Please speak with the StrongStart facilitator at your
- Sign in and out every day. This is very important so that in the case of an emergency we can ensure the safety of all people in our school.
- Parents/caregivers are asked to refrain from
using their cell phones while at the StrongStart program. Phones can
remain on for emergency purposes, but should not be used for making
phone calls, texting, or accessing the Internet in the StrongStart classroom.
- Encourage your child to do as much for themselves as possible and to interact with other children. Please supervise your child constantly and remain close at hand.
can take photos of their own children at StrongStart, but should
refrain from photographing other children.
- All StrongStart Centres are nut and allergen-free environments. A healthy snack is provided; please do not bring food unless pre-arranged. Nursing and bottle-feeding babies is appropriate.
- Additional guidelines that pertain to COVID-19 will be emailed to families prior to the start of the program.
If you have any questions about these guidelines, or the StrongStart program, please contact your
school's StongStart Facilitator or the Principal.