École Handsworth Secondary
North Vancouver School District
Student Records



Have you moved recently?

Keep your Student Records up to date by alerting us of your change of home address. Our protocol requires all home address changes be supported by documentation for the student’s file. Proof of address can be updated by providing one of the following along with the Student Information Verification form: : 

  • Utility bill (BC Hydro or Fortis)
  • Phone bill 
  • Internet/cable bill
  • Purchase agreement 
  • Formal rental or lease agreement PLUS a bill which includes a parent.guardian name
  • Notarized letter from the homeowner stating living arrangement and including names and the date, as well proof of new address (i.e. cable/telephone bill)

Please email Ms. Beth Nesbit, Records Clerk (​bnesbit@sd44.ca​) or have your student bring a paper copy into the main office. ​



Transcript and DVR (Diploma Verification Report) Requests for Current Students
Transcript Service - Current and Former Students
Please visit the Transcript page for more information.

Student Transcripts Service

Current or previous Handsworth students may order their transcripts through Student Transcripts Service.  Information is available on the Handsworth Student Transcripts Page.


For further information on requesting records, please visit the North Vancouver School District website at http://www.sd44.ca/Schools/RecordsRequests/Pages/default.aspx

Information Letter

Please visit the NVSD Student Records Request website (link below) and complete the Request for Student/School Information Letter.   *Due to current volume processing times for records requests may take up to five business days.  Please ​note there is a $30 fee associated with this request and documents will include confirmation of attendance; guardianship; home address; and history of schooling.

Records Requests


Additional Transcript & Student Record Information

A "transcript" is a listing of a student's academic record relating to a BC Graduation Program, which includes courses completed successfully, grades earned, ​honours received, and graduation status.

A "certificate, diploma, or Dogwood" is a document showing that a student has completed a BC Graduation Program.

A "Permanent Student Record Card (PSR)" is a document showing the record of schooling and marks attained by a student.  A student's educational record follows the student as she/he progresses through the British Columbia public school system.  Therefore, it is important to know the name of the last school the student attended.  More information: BC Ministry of Education Permanent Student Record Order


Handsworth Secondary Student Records Information: 

Student Records Resource Flyer.pdf

The Handsworth School office is closed for the summer break during July and August.

Transcript and Student Record Inquiries:  Please contact the Records Department at the North Vancouver School District, or email Records@sd44.ca.

September to June



Nesbit, Ms. Beth bnesbit@sd44.ca
​Student Records

*Due to current volume processing times for records requests may take up to five business days.

Handsworth School office handsworth@sd44.ca