Handsworth Parent Advisory Council (HPAC) 2021-2022
Welcome back Handsworth families! Your HPAC is preparing for what promises to be an exciting year. The first HPAC meeting of the year was held on September 27th @ 7:30 PM (date change due to federal election). At this point, meetings will continue on zoom. It is great to see how many parents and teachers have been able to participate this way. If you would like to attend, please email Carmen Jensen at email@example.com for a zoom link.
In addition, there are still a number of great ways to get involved with the HPAC and the school community as a volunteer.
- Hot Lunch Volunteers: HPAC is also looking for parents interested in volunteering to support the hot lunch program. For as little as one hour per week, this is a great way to get involved at the school. Training will be provided. You will meet other parents and have the opportunity to be in the school at lunch time. Over the years hot lunch fundraising has provided support to our athletics program.
- HPAC Executive: There are immediate openings for DPAC Representative and HPAC Co-Chair.
- Future Openings and Opportunities: HPAC is always looking for parents who are interested in contributing. If you have an interest in another area not listed here such as finance, fundraising or communications we would love to have you involved in some way.
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Carmen Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Watch for more HPAC updates on social media including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Special thanks to Megan Enns for taking on responsibility for social media communication.
For Instagram and Twitter, the handle is @handsworthpac
For Facebook, the page is called Handsworth PAC
**HOT Lunch is coming in October! The hot lunch committee met yesterday. We expect to have ordering starting in October and lunches available after October
Click HERE for the link to the
Government of BC’s K:12 Back to School Protocol. We encourage you to review this
as it provides the most up to date information regarding school start up.
We want you to know that HPAC
remains committed to our school’s vision statement:
“The Handsworth Community
develops empowered, innovative, and compassionate learners who serve and lead
with curiosity and integrity”.
Wishing you and your families a
safe, supported, and successful year.
The HPAC Executive
Handsworth parents are welcome to contact the HPAC by e-mail:
Are you interested in volunteering with the HPAC? HPAC vacant positions:
Co-Chair (Details regarding this positions can be found in the HPAC Bylaws.)
Hot Lunch Coordinator (Ideal position for a parent of a student in a lower grade.)
Traffic Safety Coordinator
Royals Lunch Program Coordinator
The Lunch Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating lunch offerings with vendors and managing student and parent volunteers to set up, serve and clean up lunches currently three times per week. The coordinator also works with school administration to coordinate the lunch schedule and the PAC Treasurer to ensure invoices from our vendor partners are accurate and processed in a timely manner.
The Royals Lunch Program is currently managed through Munch-a-Lunch. The Coordinator uses this tool to manage dates, menu items, pricing and generate weekly orders. The Coordinator is also responsible for answering any parent questions or concerns.
Traffic Safety Coordinator
The Traffic Safety Coordinator will be responsible for having volunteers place HPAC Parking signs in both cul-de-sacs on School Days from 2:45PM to 3:15PM.
Handsworth Parent Advisory Council (HPAC) Executive
2021-2022 Handsworth PAC
Chair/Co-Chair, Carmen Jensen email@example.com
Jana Madill, Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary, Velda Williams
Communications Rep, Jacquie Griffiths
DPAC Rep, Shane Lowry
2021-2022 HPAC Members-at-Large:
Welcome to the HPAC Page.
As a community of parents, the HPAC works with school administrators and staff to support student success.
This page provides parents with news about HPAC activities and events, connects you with information and resources you need, and identifies opportunities where you can make a difference to the school.
Ways to support student success at Handsworth
- Come to a HPAC Meeting or event. Contact email@example.com. An invitation will be sent to you via email. Connect via Zoom with other Handsworth parents, catch up on what's going on at the school, and provide your input and ideas on how parents can support student success at Handsworth
- Volunteer Help out with an HPAC initiative or event. Any contribution of your time or talents is valued. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate HERE Contribute to educational resources to enhance student learning. Dollars from our Provincial gaming funds budget and fundraising efforts stretch only so far to meet needs. All donations in excess of $25 will be issued a tax receipt.
Meeting Dates 2021-2022:
September 20, 2021 (Start time moved to 7:30 pm due to the Federal Election.)
October 18, 2021
November 15, 2021 - Budget
December 2021 - no meeting
January 17, 2022
February 28, 2022
March 2022 - no meeting
April 11, 2022
May 16, 2022 - AGM
HPAC meetings are held virtually on the third Monday of each month at 7:00 pm, for more information please click HERE.