Grad PDA- Public Displays of Affection
New!Public Displays of Affection (PDA) allow
parents/guardians to add a personal message to your graduating student
published in the Yearbook. The PDA consists of two parts (a favourite
photo and a personalized statement of affection and pride). If
interested, please email your high-resolution digital image (jpeg format
only) and maximum 150 word statement (no poems that exceed 5 lines) to email@example.com.
Only $40 - please pay online. Limited spaces are available or until Monday, February 15, 2021.
Handsworth Families: Let's Give Back to Our Community!
YOUTH TO YOUTH GIVING CAMPAIGN
The Family Services of the North Shore Bureau provides grocery gift cards, toys and holiday gift baskets to local families, seniors and individuals. This year, more than ever, families and individuals are in need.
WANT TO HELP?
- Do you know of a family that may benefit from this giving program?
- To find out how the program works and what support is available, please call the Christmas Bureau at 604-984-9627 OR scan this following QR code:
WHAT TO DONATE?
- Cash/gift cards are greatly appreciated as it allows teens to buy whatever they wish.
- PLEASE write the amount on each gift card
- Gift ideas are listed below and please feel free to donate anything you may think of.
- Please donate NEW ITEMS that a tween or teen would appreciate.
WHERE TO DONATE?
- Cash/Gift cards - Students hand in the cash/gift card to ANY teacher (all teachers have an envelope in which to store them).
- Gifts/Items – please bring to Mrs. Frith in Room 209. There are Christmas boxes there in which all items are stored.
DEADLINE: Friday, December 4, 2020
Thank you for helping make this holiday season bright for all families!
TWEEN/TEEN WISH LIST Tween-Teen Wish List.pdf
Family Services North Shore
'Virtual Toy Drive' - North Shore Auto Mall pledging to match toy
donations. Donate today by following this link: https://www.familyservices.bc.ca/ways-to-give/toy-drive/
Grade 12 Parent and Student Information Evening October 21, 2020 at 6:30pm
Date: Wednesday, October 21st, 2020
Place: Virtual on MS Teams
Did you miss the presentation? A copy of the presentation is available for review here: Gr 12 presentation 2020-2021.pdf
Grade 12 parents were invited to virtually attend an information evening on the following topics:
• Grad Events
• Grad Requirements
• Post-Secondary Information and Admissions Process
• Scholarships and Post-Secondary Financing
Invitation: Grade 12 Information Evening October 21, 2020.pdf
Questions? Message Ms. D. Millar, Counsellor via MS Teams
MyEducation BC Portal Access
Quarter 1 Report Cards will published to the MyEducation BC Online Parent Portal on Wednesday, November 25, 2020
Tip! Please ensure your accounts and passwords are up to date prior to the publishing date.
Each parent or guardian will have their own separate account as long as they have separate email addresses.
IMPORTANT: Parents/Guardians please print and save report cards because they automatically disappear from the Portal at the end of the school year.
Click HERE for more information about Student Learning and to access the MyEducation BC System.
MyEd BC Parent Portal - how to reset password.pdf
Parent/Guardian Technology Support
Need some help supporting your student's learning at home? Click HERE for the Technology Support documents or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Guide - Software Applications
New! Coping with COVID-19 Town Hall Series
General Coping Strategies – March 26, 2020
CBT Strategies to Cope with Anxiety – April 16, 2020
Uncertainty During COVID-19 – May 7, 2021
Dealing with Uncertainty – May 14, 2021
Healthy vs. Unhealthy Coping – May 21, 2021
Frontline Workers: Trauma & PTSD – May 28, 2020
TALKING WITH YOUR TEEN ABOUT VAPING
Health Canada’s Consider the Consequences vaping awareness tour will be visiting Handsworth Secondary School on May 23, 2019, they will be educating students on the following topics with an engaging maze activity:
- If you don’t smoke, don’t vape
- Vaping can lead to nicotine addiction
- Vaping can cause lung damage
- The long-term health impacts of vaping are unknown
To learn more, and for more information and resources, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/services/health/publications/healthy-living/talking-teen-vaping-tip-sheet-parents.html?utm_source=xm-agency&utm_medium=email-en&utm_content=march&utm_campaign=vaping-19”
Talking with Your Teen About Vaping - December 2018.pdf