Grad Ceremony 2022-2023
Handsworth 2023 Commencement Ceremony
Location: Orpheum Theatre
601 Smithe St, Vancouver, BC V6B 3L4
Date: Saturday, June 17th, 2023
Time: 4:00 pm Graduates Arrive
4:10 pm Doors Open, festival seating
5:00 pm Commencement Ceremony
- Graduates do not need a ticket – their gown is their ticket
- Each Grad receives two complimentary tickets for family members/guests (included in the Graduation Activity fee).
- Additional tickets will be available for purchase between Tuesday, May 9 to Friday, June 8 via your School Cash Online account for $8
- Tickets will be distributed to students at the rehearsal on Wednesday, June 14
- Unclaimed tickets can be picked up in the Grand Commons on June 14 and 15 at Lunch
- Additional Tickets will be available at the Orpheum on the evening of the event for $10 (please bring cash)
Graduation Ceremony Rehearsal and Breakfast
Save the date!
To prepare for the ceremony, graduates are required to attend a rehearsal on the morning of Wednesday, June 14, 2023. As part of the morning event, a Grads Breakfast will be hosted in the Grand Commons beginning at 7:30 am. Graduates, please be at school on the morning of June 14th at 7:30 am for a breakfast (free hosted by the Grad Parent Committee), followed by a rehearsal that will end at the conclusion of tutorial time at 9:12 am.
Grad breakfast and Ceremony rehearsal Wednesday, June 14, 2023
- 7:30 am - Breakfast served Grand Commons
- Menu: McDonalds's breakfast sandwiches, vegan/gluten free egg bites, donuts and fruit
- Spin the wheel for a chance to win a prize
- 8:20 am - move to the Theatre for the rehearsal
- 9:06 am - rehearsal ends
GRAD GOWN and CEREMONY tickets are distributed.
Gowns and tickets will be available throughout the day. You cannot pick up a gown or tickets for anyone else.
Grads of 2023!
The application period for becoming the Valedictorian and representing the graduating class of 2023 closed on April 26, 2023.
Any Grade 12 students who has not yet ordered one or has a question about a grad gown are asked to contact Ms. Stacey Schweger at firstname.lastname@example.org