Grad 2021 Ceremony Video Release June 30, 2021 at 5:00pm
NEW! We are excited to provide you with the Instructions and Video Link from GradsBC in anticipation of the video release on Wednesday, June 30 at 5:00pm.
The Handsworth Secondary School and GradsBC thank you for the honour of capturing your graduation ceremony! Below are instructions and FAQ's regarding the viewing of your ceremony. We sincerely hope the video becomes part of your personal graduation celebration and you download it to enjoy for years to come!
Virtual Ceremony Release Date: Wednesday, June 30 at 5:00pm
- Visit Link: https://gradsbc.com/videos/handsworth-2021/
- Your unique password is: hwssgrad2021
- Please be patient while the video is first loading/streaming. Depending on your internet, connection load times can vary.
- For an optimal viewing experience, please check your internet speed in advance - minimum 5MB/Sec. You can use this test: https://www.speedtest.net/
- The video will not come on until 5:00 pm. You may have to refresh your browser window.
- Use Safari and Chrome browser, DO NOT USE Internet Explorer
- How to download the video:
- See attached instructions sheet.
- We recommend that you back it up for safekeeping.
- The video will be available for download for 30 days. Thereafter special unarchiving requests are welcome.
- The full ceremony download size is approximately: 16-32GB for full resolution. The highlight video download size is approx. 180-300mb.
- You can choose to download it at a lower resolution (720p).
- Video length is approximately: 2 hours.
In addition to the video, GradsBC took professional images of the graduates on stage with their diploma and in their formal attire. These are available in a separate gallery:
- Please visit this link to view and download these images: https://vando.imagequix.com/N9X659C
- Your online code is your student/pupil number. It is located on your ID card.
- In this gallery, you will also have the option of purchasing gift products.
Please email email@example.com or call 604-461-3722. GradsBC will also have 'live chat' available through their website on June 30 from 4:45pm to 5:45pm.
Important Information re: Scholarships and/or Awards
As each student walks across the stage, scholarships and awards will be announced across the screen. These students and their parents will receive a letter from Ms. Renwick with detailed information at 8:00pm on June 30. Students are reminded to check their sd44 emails for this letter.
Any Grads who receive scholarships and/or bursaries are asked to collect your award envelope(s) from the main office on July 2 or July 5-7, 2021 between the hours of 9:00am – 2:00pm. Letters that are not picked up before 2:00pm on July 7 will be mailed to families, by regular Canada post.
Congratulations to all our Handsworth Grads! We celebrate your achievements and hope you enjoy viewing your ceremony with all your family and friends! In the meantime, here is a link to view some highlights of the upcoming video: HERE
Grad 2021 Ceremony Video Release June 30.pdf
Graduation Ceremony Write-Ups
In preparation for the graduation ceremony please fill out your Graduation Ceremony Write-Up HERE.
- Read the instructions carefully
- Maximum 6 sentences (1 or 2 sentences per question)
- Deadline: Friday, April 30, 2021
- If you do not to submit a grad write up by the deadline, a generic one will be presented at the ceremony.
The Valedictorian serves as a representative of the graduating class during the convocation ceremony and delivers a speech commemorating the occasion and the culmination of the Grad class' K to 12 experience. Applications are available below, and are due by April 23, 2021.
Note that this role requires significant time commitment in preparation, and students who are interested should be prepared to develop a draft of their speech as part of the application process. A minimum 73% average is needed to be considered as a candidate. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Barrett on MS Teams or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Submit your completed application package by 3:00pm on April 23, 2021.
Valedictorian Application: Class of 2021 Valedictorian application.pdf