Career Life Connections (new Planning 12) 2019 - 2020
Career Life Connections (Planning 12) Assembly
Career Life Connections Sept 18, 2019 Presentation.pdf
- Personal Statement
- Scholarship Statement
- Reminders and important due dates
Career Life Connections (Planning 12) / Grad Transitions
The aim of Career Life Connections is to support students in acquiring attributes in the areas of intellectual, social, and career development. Guidance will be provided to assist students in the continued development of their Graduation requirements through their Grade 12 year and prepare them for their Post-Secondary choices. The Graduation Transition requirements will be supported in Career Life Connections. The format of Career Life Connections will be both large group grade assemblies and required smaller group seminars.
Grade 12 – Grad Conference – October 9, 2019
This year we are kicking off the Career Life Connections course with a full day mandatory Grad Conference on October 9, 2019. Students will be grouped by homeroom and attend a keynote speaker and four workshops throughout the day. Registration will begin at 8:00 am in the cafeteria. Students will pick up their registration package and head to the Large Gym for the keynote. Following the keynote students will rotate through a series of seminars on resume building, interview skills, financial literacy, and post-secondary planning. They will also review their diploma verification report for accuracy. This mandatory conference includes attending scheduled seminars during Flex Time.
*NEW* Grade 12 Students are encouraged to sign into your Microsoft Teams, Career Life Connections Team for the latest information.
Grade 12 - Grad Conference - Wednesday, April 22, 2020 Altered Schedule (cancelled)
All Grade 12 students are asked to report to the Large Gym at 8:20 am on Wednesday, April 22, 2020. There will be a keynote speaker during the first class of the day Period 5 beginning at 8:20 am. Grade 12 students are asked to report back to the large gym Flex time 10:40 am for a CLC 12/Grad Assembly. Attendance is mandatory at both sessions.
Block 1, Period 5
Block 2, Period 6
CLC 12/Grad Assembly
Block 3, Period 7
Block 4, Period 8
Career Life Connections Classes
In addition to the Grad Conference Grade 12 students are required to attend Career Life Connections/Grad Transitions assemblies held throughout the year during Flex Time. This year all students are required to complete a Capstone Project Presentation, due May 15, 2020.
Important Dates for Career Life Connections 2019 - 2020: Below is a list of important dates for Planning 12 students. There may be more dates added to the schedule.
- September 18 – Career Life Connection 12 Introduction - FLEX TIME
- October 9 – Grad Mandatory Conference – all day
- November 27 - Capstone and Scholarship Introduction (Rescheduled due to power outage, Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at Flex Time 10:40 AM)
- December 18 to 22 - Grad Photo Dates sign up online through Artona: HERE
- January 8 – Grade 12 Mandatory Conference - all day
- January 15 - Grad Write-Ups and Baby Pictures for the Yearbook are DUE. No late submissions will be included. Email all submissions to: email@example.com
- Friday, January 31, 2020 - Grad Photo last day for Re-Takes
- March 3 - Grad Group Photo, Gallery at 12:40 PM
- May 14 - Community Connections 30 Work Hour Assignment Due
- May 15 - Grade 12 Capstone Presentation Due
- May 25 - 26 - Virtual Handsworth Graduation Taping, ESC 2121 Lonsdale Avenue
- June tbd - Grad Ceremony
work experience form.pdf
Community Connections- Grad Transition 30hrs.pdf