Provincial Graduation Assessment Information 2019/2020
Graduation assessments are changing
to align with the new curriculum. As part of the updated graduation
requirements, students in the B.C. Graduation Program will have to complete three provincial assessments. They will focus on the demonstration and application of numeracy and literacy.
Which Assessment do I need to complete explains what Graduation Assessments your child will need to write based on the grade your child is currently in.
Please review the following
information carefully regarding change in how provincial assessments for
Grade 10-12 students have changed.
- All grade 10 students at Seycove will write the Literacy 10 Graduation Assessment on January 21st, 2020.
- All grade 10 students at Seycove will write the Numeracy 10 Graduation Assessment during the week of April 14th to 20th (date to be determined)
- Any Grade 11s or 12s who have not previously written the Numeracy 10 exam must let their counselor know by January 31st, 2020. Completing the Numeracy 10 assessment is a graduation requirement for the current Grade 12s.
- The current Grade 12s are not expected to write the Literacy 10, Literacy 12 or Language Arts 12 assessment.
- Note - the Ministry of Education has no assessment sittings in June or August anymore. Grade 10 students wishing to rewrite either Numeracy 10 or Literacy 10 assessment will need to do so in their grade 11 or 12 year.
Please continue to review the school calendar and this page for information (time, location, etc.) with regards to assessments times when they are being administered.
Students are reminded that it is their responsibility to return textbooks prior to exams according to their teachers’ instructions. dents will be charged for unreturned textbooks and materials.
Students and parents must be aware of the following school policies affecting exams:
The Examination Rules largely follow guidelines established by the Examination Branch of the Ministry of Education. They are in place at Seycove to maintain the integrity of exam results and the validity of the exam process.
Review the exam schedules and report any conflicts to the office immediately.
Students are expected to bring their Seycove Go Card to the examination for identification and student number purposes. Your 6-digit Seycove student number is required for exam bubble sheets. This number is NOT your computer log in number, bring your Go Card with you to all exams.
The Ministry of Education provides online access to student data through its student secure website www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/tsw/student/welcome.jsp
Students must create an account which requires their Personal Education Number (PEN) which can be found on their report card.
Exam results are available on or around July 30.