Seycove School & Community Service Hours
Seycove School and our school community has long been a valued part of
student growth and development. The philosophy of 'giving back' to
ones' community is something that we heartily encourage.
volunteering, students gain a sense of responsibility, learn that one
person can make a difference, learn the benefit of sacrificing time to
help others, tolerance and understanding of the different members of our
community, and finally, they gain important job skills and experience.
Key differences of service/volunteering:
Seycove School Service Hours
- Students will self-report their Seycove School Service hours on the form available in the main office or to download HERE
- Hours must be completed within the school (ie club executive members,
peer tutoring, student or grad council, special events etc.)
- Self-reported hours will be verified with Seycove School Staff sponsors.
Only verified hours will be considered for service hours.
- School Service forms are due on May 20, 2022 to Ms. Hall in the main office
- Seycove School Service Certificates will be awarded to students in June
- Click HERE for more information on Seycove Recognition & Awards
Career Life Education (CLC) 12 Graduation Requirements
- Grade 12s need 30 hours of community or school volunteer experience or
paid work to fulfill their Ministry requirement for graduation in their
CLC 12 Class
- Students will work with their CLC 12 teacher to complete this Ministry requirement for graduation.
- These hours can be collected and carried over year to year from grade 10 – 12.
Work Experience 12A/12B
- This is a 4-credit course which requires a minimum of 90 hours of
volunteering, job shadowing, or career exposure in your focus area
- Please see Seycove’s Work Experience Facilitator, Ms. Janice Knapp, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information, visit the Work Experience site
Other Community Service / Volunteering
- Build your resume, gain insightful experience for your job path
- Be sure to include community service in your Scholarship Applications in Grade 12
Cheakamus Centre Outdoor School Counsellors
- Volunteer to work up at Outdoor School and earn hours towards community service or the Work Experience course
- For more information, visit the Cheakamus Centre website