The Windsor Student Council is an association that has representatives of our school from Grades 8-12. The executive and grade reps are an elected body. The members at large are volunteers. The duties of the Windsor Student Council are:
* to be the deciding body in all matters relating to the interpretation of this constitution and all business of the Student Council.
* to govern and co-ordinate student council sponsored events of the Student Association.
* to attend all concerns and suggestions of the Student Association and Faculty.
* to oversee all clubs within the school.
* to oversee distribution of funding for clubs from Student Fees.
Besides being a governing body for the school, the Student Council tries to put on events within the school to raise awareness to causes as well as promote school spirit.
We raise money for the Terry Fox Foundation, raise awareness about Anti-Bullying Day and Mental Health awareness, as well as other school initiatives the council may vote on that year.
In addition, the Student Council puts on the Halloween Costume Contest which is held in the Dukes Den at lunch on Halloween. We also host the Annual Student Council Santa’s Breakfast held the last school day in December from 7:30 to 8:30. All community and students are welcome at this event. We accept cash or cans for tickets, which go on sale the week prior. All cash proceeds support a student council initiative voted on by council and all cans are donated to the Harvest Project.
Student Council is an extremely active group within the school representing all grade levels at their meetings that meet once every two weeks. We welcome any input from our student body and they can reach the Student Council at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also follow the Windsor Student Council on Instagram: @windsorstudentcouncil