We believe that the use of digital technologies to improve student learning is a key part of being an innovative school that prepares students for lifelong learning in an ever-changing world. We look forward to continuing to build our digital framework and share our journey with you.
Windsor and the North Vancouver School District provide Computer and Internet access to support student learning. In order for students to have access to computers and the internet at school, both parents and students must 'electronically' sign the STUDENT ACCEPTABLE USE OF TECHNOLOGY AGREEMENT online.
To complete this form, parents
will need to register for a School Cash Online account. This secured web
platform is already used by the North Vancouver School District to collect
school fees online and is now also being used for online permission forms.
Signing up for an account is very easy. To register, you will need your
child's student number.
Login to an existing School CashOnline account or register for a new account to complete the form.
Rules of Computer or Network Use at Windsor
- With regard to privacy, network storage areas may be reviewed by school staff and/or administrators in order to maintain system integrity and ensure that students are using the system responsibly.
- Students are expected to remain within allocated disk space and storage capacities, and delete material which takes up excessive storage space.
- Students must respect the privacy and file storage of other students and staff at Windsor.
- Students should never download or install any commercial software, shareware, or freeware onto network drives or disks, unless they have permission from staff.
- Students must respect and protect intellectual property by fulfilling all legal requirements to purchase, license and register all software, music and other media.
- Abusive or inappropriate language must not be used when communicating electronically and online bullying or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Students must use common sense and not provide or post information about themselves or other students that may put them at risk.
- Students must not post pictures of others without their consent.
- Students must not access sites which do not comply with the Windsor Code of Conduct. A good rule to follow is to never view, send, or access materials which you would not want your teachers and parents to know you are accessing. Should students encounter such material by accident, they should exit the site and report it to their teacher immediately.
- Computers are there provided academic purposes; therefore, games, YouTube, Facebook and other social networking sites are allowed only with the teacher's explicit permission.
- Food or drink is forbidden in the computer labs, library, or around other computers in the school unless otherwise communicated by the teacher or staff member in that area.