First Week Information
|Tuesday, September 4th |
|9:00 - 9:30||First opportunity for Grade 8 student photos in the small gym|
|9:30||Grade 8 Assembly (all staff), Large Gym|
|10:00||Grade 8 Homerooms |
|10:30 - 11:00||Grade 8 rotation through timetable: self directed - find classes, meet teachers, explore the school. Second opportunity for Grade 8 student photos in the small gym|
|11:30||Grade 11's meet in Large Gym, School Photos immediately following in Small Gym|
|12:00||Grade 10's meet in Large Gym, School Photos immediately following in Small Gym|
|12:30||Grade 9's meet in Large Gym, School Photos immediately following in Small Gym|
|1:00||Grade 12's meet in Large Gym, School Photos immediately following in Small Gym|
|Wednesday, September 5th - Friday, September 7th||Regular Schedule|
Grade 8 Opening Day Agenda for Students and Parents
Grade 8 Parent Night: September 11th, 7:00 p.m. in the large gym
Annual forms are available to complete through School Cash Online.
Fees will be available to be paid through School Cash Online in October.
Code of Conduct and Safety
Code of Conduct and Safety Reminders
Communications Between School and Home
Student Timetables and Course Change Requests
Students will receive their timetables in homeroom on Tuesday, September 5th.
For help with the timetable: Reading my Student Timetable.
The timetable building process is a very complex process that attempts to schedule all of the courses students requested in the Spring. The classes are subject to enrollment and if there were not enough students requesting a course, it may not be offered. In these cases, as well as when classes reached their limits, students may have been placed in their alternate requests.
Counsellors will be working very hard at the start of the year to ensure all students have a full timetable and have the courses necessary for graduation. Counsellors can also help with requests to change timetables but these will be done after the primary priorities are completed. The following is the priority order for timetable requests:
- Scheduling new students.
- Resolving incomplete timetables and timetable errors.
- Timetable changes precipitated by Summer School classes or unanticipated failures.
After above priorities are completed…
- Addressing requests for timetable changes.
The process for making a request for a course change is as follows:
- No need to make appointments with counsellors or leave your classes.
- Print off from website or pick up in front of the Main Office the Argyle Start of Year Request for Course Change Form.
- Carefully read the form and fill out in full. Requests must be signed by parents/guardians.
- Submit completed forms into the IN Box in front of the Main Office to be processed in order of priority.
- Counsellors will follow up with students regarding course changes.
- Please note that some requests may not be possible.
- Students are required to attend and work in all classes listed on their timetable until a counsellor has made an official change and a new timetable has been produced.
- Please be patient – the process does take time.
It is expected that Argyle students be enrolled in a full-time program.
This means that they take a minimum load as follows:
Grade 8, 9 and 10: Eight courses
Grade 11: Seven courses (with an approved study block)Administration and Counsellor Contacts for Timetable
Grade 12: Seven courses (includes Planning 12 and with an approved study block)