Please obey all traffic rules and slow down around schools and playgrounds.
“Drop off” and “Pick Up” routines play a crucial role in
keeping our students safe as they travel to and from classes at Cleveland. Please review
and keep in mind the traffic and safety considerations listed below when
dropping off or picking up your child:
- The front of the school is a designated student drop-off
area and is not to be used for parking vehicles.
- Do not get out of your car if you are dropping off or
picking up. If you wish to go into the school please park your car away from
the drop off zone.
- No U-turns please.
Our neighbours ask that you respect their property. Please
do not park in or block residential driveways. Please do not use residential
driveways to turn around in.
The Staff parking lot is a very busy and potentially
dangerous area, and is out-of-bounds for students on foot and on scooters.
Consider walking or riding to school:
- There is a Park and Walk group (formerly the Walking School
Bus) that meets every morning before school. Try joining in and walk part way
- Bicycles are to be locked on the bike racks.
- Students riding bicycles, scooters and/or skateboards are reminded that they must wear a helmet and follow all traffic laws and bylaws.
- Please do not ride scooters or skateboards on school
Crossing Guards are in place each morning from 8:30 a.m.
until 8:55 a.m. in front of the school. Please be mindful of our student safety
patrol members and follow their signals. Children and adults alike should make use of walkways to
travel from the street to the school. Please encourage your child or children to use crosswalks when crossing the roads.
Thank you for your continued support in ensuring the safety
and wellbeing of all children.