Please obey all traffic rules and slow down around schools and playgrounds.
“Drop off” and “Pick Up” routines play a crucial role in keeping our students safe as they travel to and from classes at Westview. Please review and keep in mind the traffic and safety considerations listed below when dropping off or picking up your child:
- The front of the school is a designated student drop-off area and is not to be used for parking vehicles.
- Do not get out of your car if you are dropping off or picking up. If you wish to go into the school please park your car away from the drop off zone.
- No U-turns please.
- Drop off is also available on 16th street, at the round about
Our neighbours ask that you respect their property. Please do not park in or block residential driveways. Please do not use residential driveways to turn around in.
Staff Parking Lot:
The Staff parking lot is a very busy and potentially dangerous area, and is out-of-bounds for students on foot and on scooters. We kindly ask that you do not use the staff parking lot for pick up or drop off, as we do not have enough spaces to accommodate all of our staff. The staff parking lot is available to staff only between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. As a result of this arrangement, traffic is kept at a minimum when children are in attendance.
Consider walking or riding to school:
- Bicycles are to be locked on the bike racks.
- Students riding bicycles, scooters and/or skateboards are reminded that they must wear a helmet and follow all traffic laws and bylaws.
- Please do not ride scooters or skateboards on school property.
Our Crossing Guard is located at the corner of Larson and Bewicke each morning from 8:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m., then at lunch from 12:00 - 1:00 pm and at the end of school day from 3:00 until 3:45 pm. Please be mindful follow their signals. Children and adults alike should make use of walkways to travel from the street to the school. Please encourage your child or children to use crosswalks when crossing the roads.
Thank you for your continued support in ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all children.
North Vancouver RCMP Link with regards to safe School Zoneshttp://nvan.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=230&languageId=1&contentId=40543