Westview’s Code of Conduct 2017-2018
Students and Adults in the Westview School Community are expected to:
Respect for oneself, others and the environment
• to respect the dignity of others and their rights and property
• to respect the educational process and the learning environment of others
• to treat others as they want to be treated themselves
• to treat the property of others so that the care reflects the feeling of respect for the owner
• to behave in a manner that shows respect for the purpose and goals of our school
• to take turns and share
• to include others
• to use appropriate language
Safety for oneself and others
• to act in a safe manner on their way to and from school
• to play on the school ground in a safe manner
• to work in the classroom in a safe manner
• to keep hands and feet to themselves
• to stay inside the play boundaries
Responsibility for one’s behaviour and schoolwork
• to act in a responsible manner in and around our school building, reflecting the tone of our school by their actions
• to share in the responsibility for their academic achievement
• to be on time for their classes
• to settle differences peacefully and ask for help when needed
This Code of Conduct was developed in accordance with School District #44 Policy #302, students at Westview Elementary School are expected to meet the standards set out in the BC Human Rights Code that include the prohibited grounds of discrimination. In accordance with section 7 and 8 of the Human Rights Code, discrimination based on race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, age and sexual orientation will not be tolerated. Anti-bullying measures will ensure all students, regardless of their sex, race, religion, culture, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, enjoy a safe, inclusive and welcoming learning environment.
"At Westview our Mission is to facilitate the development of the critical aspects of each student's potential, creating a community of citizens who are productive members of society and empathetic to others.
We promote an inclusive and supportive environment to foster academic excellence, responsibility, respect, and fairness.
We acknowledge and celebrate diversity."