Windsor Attendance Procedures for Parents
- It is the responsibility of students, with the support of their parents, to attend and be on time for all their classes. If a student is absent a parent should call or send a note as soon as possible. The parent or guardian needs to call the 24-hour attendance line 604-903-3707 as soon as possible and leave a detailed message on the voicemail.
- The message should state the following: student’s full name, grade level, specific dates and times absent, reason for absence, and name of the person calling.
- For an excused absence, (illness, medical appointments, safety issue, family emergencies, etc.) explaining the reason on the message is critical.
- Absences not communicated to the school are considered unexcused.
- It is the student's responsibility to catch up on work missed due to absence for any reason.
- Parents who are concerned about attendance in a particular class should contact that teacher.
- Parents who are concerned about their child's overall attendance should contact the grade counsellor.
- All Unexcused absences will result in an automated call back and/or email to the home.