Updated June 1, 2022
The NVSD is starting to plan for the Track and Field season for Grades 4-7. Our Family of Schools (FOS) consists of Cove Cliff, Dorothy Lynas and Sherwood Park. Students can participate in more than one event and will be guided by the coaches. All dates are on our school calendar. Practices will start on April 11, 2022.
Swangard Information - Tuesday June 7/22
Swangard Letter to parents.pdf
Swangard Order of Events.pdf
Track (running events)
- 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m & 1500 m (1500 m is for Gr. 6 & 7 only)
- 4 X 100 relay and co-ed relay (100m, 100m, 200m, 400m)
- As soon as the relay teams are organized, relays will
also be a part of this training.
Field Events (Shot put, high jump, long jump and triple jump)
- Students will be coached in techniques for each event
1) Wednesday May 4 from 12:45 - approx 3:30 - TRACK meet at Windsor School.
There will be a 54 seat bus to assist with transportation to Windsor
only, the rest of the students will need to organize rides. Parents must organize pick up.
2) Tuesday May 10 - 3:30 - approx 5:00. FIELD meet - Gr. 4 and 5s @ Sherwood Park, Gr. 6/7 @ Dorothy Lynas. Parents will organize transportation to and from the event.
3) Wednesday May 18 - 8:00 - 12:00 - TRACK ZONE QUALIFICATIONS (our FOS) at Sutherland Secondary - parents will organized transportation to and from the event
4)Tuesday May 24 - FIELD QUALIFICATIONS 3:30-approx 5:00 - Gr. 4 and 5s @ Sherwood Park, Gr. 6/7 @ Dorothy Lynas. Parents will organize transportation to and from the event. Parents will organized transportation to and from the event.
5) Tuesday June 7 - Swangard meet (final event - TRACK AND FIELD QUALIFIERS ONLY) - parents will organized transportation to and from the event
- These practices are mandatory
and if your child can't attend, please notify the coach the day before.
- All students are expected to demonstrate good sportsmanship and follow the Code of Conduct. Remember you are representing Cove Cliff!
- Remember, you and your family need to organize rides for you to the meets. Carpooling is a great idea.
is hoped that parents will stay at these events to support the
athletes. If parents are unable to stay, they must return to pick up or
arrange to picked-up at the listed time. Please remember to carpool if
- Schedules will be handed out prior to the events to assist with planning.
- Please make sure you check in and out with your coaches at an event