Track (running events)
- 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m & 1500 m (1500 m is for Gr. 6 & 7 only)
- 4 X 100 relay and co-ed relay (100m, 100m, 200m, 400m)
- As soon as the relay teams are organized, relays will also be a part of this training.
Field Events (Shot put, high jump, long jump and triple jump)
- Students will be coached in techniques for each event
Cove Cliff Track and Field Practice Schedule and Coaches – 2023
|Before School 8:00|
6/7 Long/ Triple Jump
4/5 Shot Put
4/5 Long/ Triple Jump
6/7 Shot Put
Track and Field Meets
- April 25, 2023 - 12:30om to approx 3:00pm- Fun Track Meet at Windsor Secondary
- * See Optional bus details below.
- Actual timing will depend on number of athletes and weather.
- Event order is: 1500 m / 4X100 relays / Co-ed medley relays / 800 m / 100 m / 400 m / 200 m
- Each event runs by grade starting at grade 7 and works down to grade 4
- May 2, 2023 - After School to approx 5pm- Fun Field Meet at Dorothy Lynas (Gr 6/7)and Sherwood Park ( Gr 4/5). All field students welcome. Check back for more details closer to the event.
- May 17, 2023 - After School to approx 5pm - Field Qualifications at Dorothy Lyans (Gr 6/7) and Sherwood Park (Gr 4/5). Only qualified students attend. Check back for more details closer to the event.
- May 23, 2023 - 12:00 noon - 4:00 PM - Track Qualifications at Sutherland Secondary. Only qualified students attend. Check back for more details closer to the event.
- June 6, 2023 -- Final Track ONLY Meet at Sutherland Secondary (Not at Swangard this year). Only qualified students attend. UPDATE - Times: 8:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
* Due to the large number of students and mid-day timing of the April 25 Track Meet
being held a Windsor Secondary, Cove Cliff has arranged a bus to this meet
. The bus space is limited to the first 50 students only. The bus is one way to the event and families must arrange their own return transportation. Starting at 9:00am on April 19 you can CLICK HERE
to request a space on the bus. The bus booking form will be open until 3:00pm on April 21 or until the spaces are full. If the link does not work, please check back later as it may be temporarily turned off to confirm the bookings.
Students who participate in Track & Field meets are asked to wear a team jersey. The school charges a refundable $75 deposit per jersey. A School Cash Online charge will be added to participating student accounts and jerseys will be handed out to students prior to the first meet. Deposits will be refunded once the jersey is cleaned and returned at the end of the season.
- All practices are held at Cove Cliff and are mandatory. If your child can't attend, please notify the coach the day before.
- All students are expected to demonstrate good sportsmanship and follow the Code of Conduct. Remember you are representing Cove Cliff!
- Parents/Guardians are
responsible for arranging transportation to and from Track & Field meets
with the exception of the April 25th Track Meet at Windsor where we have
arranged a 54 seat bus to the event to help families who may have trouble with
mid-day transportation. Details TBA.
- It is hoped that parents/guardians will stay at these events to support the athletes. If parents/guardians are unable to stay, they must return to pick up or arrange to picked-up at the listed time. Please remember to carpool if you can!
- Schedules will be handed out prior to the events to assist with planning.
- Students need to check in and out with coaches at an event