CIRCULATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
How many books can you check out?
- Kindergarten and Grade 1 may check out one book.
- Grade 2 and 3 may check out 2 books.
- Grade 4 - 7 may check out 2 or more books
- Students in any grade may ask for additional numbers of titles for research or special reports.
- Each student is responsible for items which appear on their library record.
- Returns can be placed in the bin in the library during school hours.
- Returns can be place in the bin outside the library anytime.
How long can you have the books?
- All students have a two-week loan period.
- Books can be renewed to extend the loan period if necessary.
OVERDUE, LOST OR DAMAGED BOOKS
Library book(s) need to be returned by the due date or they will register as overdue and this may prevent you from signing out a new one.
- You can exchange books before your library day if you are finished.
- You may hold a book(s) if you have not returned your previous book(s).
- In order to renew a book, it does not have to be brought back to the library, but you must let the librarian know.
- Lost or damaged books should be reported to the librarian immediately.
- Some lost/damaged books may result in a charge.