All schools should be secure places for safe, purposeful learning.
Students, staff and parents of the Braemar School Community are expected to follow a Code of Conduct by speaking and acting with "care and respect" at all times. As such, our School Code of Conduct is:
Care and respect for myself
Care and respect for others
Care and respect for learning
Care and respect for our environment
The staff and Parent Advisory Council of Braemar School believe that socially responsible behaviour needs to be based upon a clear and consistent set of rules, expectations, and consequences, and it needs to be explicitly taught to students. At Braemar, desired behaviours are taught, modelled, role-played and discussed. Students learn to analyze and evaluate their own behaviours and to set goals for improvement.
- the Board of Trustees expectations for student conduct
- examples of acceptable conduct
- school rules and guidelines
- expectations for student behaviour
- consequences for socially unacceptable behaviour
- the role of parents
- how the Braemar Code of Conduct is monitored, reviewed and taught to children
- Braemar anti bullying action plan.