Please obey all traffic rules and slow down around schools and playgrounds.
“Drop off” and “Pick Up” routines play a crucial role in keeping our students safe as they travel to and from classes at Ross Road. Please review and keep in mind the traffic and safety considerations listed below when dropping off or picking up your child:
- The end of the Bushnell cul-de-sac is yellow lined and is not to be used for drop off, pick up or to park your vehicle
- Do not get out of your car if you are dropping off or picking up. If you wish to go into the school please park your car away from the drop off zone
- No U-turns please
- Our neighbours ask that you respect their property. Please do not park in or block residential driveways. Please do not use residential driveways to turn around in
- The Staff parking lot is a very busy and potentially dangerous area, and is out-of-bounds for students on foot and on scooters.
Consider walking or riding to school:
- Bicycles are to be locked on the bike racks
- Students riding bicycles, scooters and/or skateboards are reminded that they must wear a helmet and follow all traffic laws and bylaws
- Please do not ride scooters or skateboards on school property.
Valets are in place each morning from 8:20 a.m. until 8:45 a.m. on Bushnell from Ross Road to the front of the school. Please be mindful of our student and parent volunteers and follow their signals. Children and adults alike should make use of walkways to travel from the street to the school. Please encourage your child or children to use crosswalks when crossing the roads.
Thank you for your continued support in ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all children.