Students in Grades 3 to 7 are invited to be Library Monitors. Students can sign up any time of the year to become a Library Monitor.
Responsibilities of Library Monitors:
* adopting a bookshelf and reshelving books that belong on it and making sure it is tidy
* creating library displays
* organizing and ensuring that the library is neat and tidy - art supplies, stuffies, building supplies, etc.
* work at our Scholastic Book Fairs
* write articles for our Library webpage
Everytime a library monitor volunteers 10 times in our library, they can enter their name for a monthly prize. At the end of each month, library monitors can put their name into the draw as well. Five names are drawn for a monthly prize.
Ms Ieke has two confirmed breaks per week when there is NO library monitoring - Wednesday at recess and Thursday at lunch.