NVSD Daily Health Checklist (updated Sept 14).pdf
Mandatory Daily Health Assessment for Students
Parents and caregivers must assess their child daily for the following symptoms before sending them to school.
Please check your child daily for the following symptoms:
- Cough or worsening of chronic cough
- Fever (> 37.5 °C) or signs of fever*
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
Please refer to the BC CDC for more information on signs and symptoms:
IF STUDENT DEVELOPS SYMPTOMS AT HOME:
- Parents or caregivers must keep their child at home until they have been assessed by a health care provider to exclude COVID-19 or other infectious diseases, and their symptoms have resolved.
- If a student is assessed by their family physician or nurse practitioner and it is determined that they do NOT have COVID-19, they may return to school once symptoms resolve.
Please note, if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the home, students must remain at home and consult their health care provider.