As parents, you play an important role in supporting your child's progress and success in North Vancouver Online Learning courses.
Parent/Guardian Role in Online Learning:
- Help your child/ren set up a timeline for completion of assignments and tasks; monitor their progress and encourage commitment
- Take an interest in your child's course: discuss the big ideas and goals of the course as well as specific assignments
- Support your child in preparing for online or in person assessments (quizzes, tests, final exams)
- Monitor their learning and progress in the course: ask your child to show you their online gradebook (always available in the course)
- Contact the OL teacher regularly for updates on your child's progress
- Log in to your "Mentor Manager" account in Moodle on a regular basis; this gives you access to your child's gradebook that includes marks and feedback-- 24/7! Instructions and login and password information are sent in your welcome email when your child first registers in NVOL.
- Encourage your student to come to the NVOL Centre for tutorials, support and test/exam invigilation
- Forgotten how to login to Mentor Manager? Contact our NVOL Record's Clerk, Corinna for tech support at email@example.com