Self Assessment of Core Competencies - SACC
Attention all students in grades 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Every year each student is required to complete a self-assessment of the Core Competencies (SACC) through the myBlueprint platform
- This year's SACC is due by June 14, 2022
- An instructional video is available to assist students completing their SACC.
- Here is a list of artifacts and supporting questions that students will be asked to reflect on in their SACC:
- Below are examples of artifacts in each area of the core competency and a list of questions you can choose from to reflect.
Ministry link : https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca
District link: Core Competencies | NVSD44 New Curriculum (nvsd44curriculumhub.ca)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What are Core Competencies?
The Core Competencies are sets of intellectual, personal, and social and emotional proficiency that all students need in order to engage in deep, lifelong learning.
2. Why is it important to complete this exercise?
Self-assessment of core competencies can provide insight into who you are as a learner and can help to be more aware of your strengths and challenges. This work promotes a shift towards student-centred learning in
which you as a student define your own own goals and the steps required to meet
3. Does it have to be my best work?
You may want to share your best work and that is acceptable. However. the best learning often comes from reflecting on things that have been challenging. It is the refection piece and what you have learned about yourself as a learner that is important to share. Use the reflection questions to guide your thinking if needed.
4. Is my someone marking this work?
These reflections are not graded by teachers. Although we look at your submissions, this is really an exercise for your (student's) own growth as a learner. This is a strength-based exercise and encourage students to see the value of monitoring their growth as a learner.
5. Why am I being asked to save my reflections in a digital portfolio?
Having your reflections stored in an electronic portfolio over the years will support you with your Capstone Project in Grade 12. You will have access to this digital portfolio even after you graduate. We strongly advise that students share their reflections with parents every year.
6. As a parent how can I see my student's reflections?
We encourage parents to review this work with your student and engage in conversations about how your student's chosen evidence supports their reflections. To access :
- Ask your child to logon to the district portal using their active credentials
- Go to My NVSD
- Click on the white square in the top left corner
- Click "myBlueprint"
- Go to Portfolios
- Click on "Final Self Assessment of Core Competencies" Portfolio
- Click on each item to view