2019-2020 Honour Roll Criteria
Students are recognized as Honour Roll students for the 2019/2020 school year based on the term two reporting period. The Honour Roll is based on their grade percent average on eligible courses and separated into the following three categories:
- Honour Roll with Distinction - Grades averaging 89.5% or higher
- Honour Roll - Grades averaging 85.5% to 89.4%
- Honourable Mention - Grades averaging between 79.5% and 85.4%
The following criteria is used to determine whether a student is eligible for the Honour Roll:
- Must be enrolled in a full educational program with a minimum of seven courses
- Courses/credits from other school districts are not considered
- Student program can include: home school courses, active North Vancouver cross-enrolled or Enhanced program courses, the Peak Performance, or Choices programs, and North Vancouver DL
- Will not be eligible if the student receives an Incomplete (I), Failing (F) grade, or a Needs Improvement (N) for a Work Habit in ANY of their courses
The following method is used to calculate the Honour Roll criteria:
- Grade 12 - Top six courses (will not include CLC 12)
Course Exceptions in Calculation: Please note that there are courses that count for eligibility, but are not used as part of the Honour Roll calculation. These courses are: CLC 12, IDS, TA 12 and other courses with less than four credits, North Vancouver Distributed Learning courses in which the student has not completed a minimum of two-thirds of the course, and other courses that do not provide a mark at every reporting period.
Please note that Honour Roll is gradually being phased out across all NVSD schools and will no longer be in effect as of the 2020/2021 school year.
The District is gradually
discontinuing the use of an honour roll. We will continue to seek
alternate ways to recognize excellent scholastic achievement. This year,
grade 11 - 12 has posted honour rolls.
Honour Roll Criteria
If a name does not appear on this posting and it is on the sheets
posted at Argyle - it is due to a missing media consent form. Please
see the main office to update.
*** If a name does not appear on either posted list and you think it should have, please check the criteria closely, complete
this form and submit it to Ms. Hall in the main office.