The Ministry of Education has announced changes to its Provincial Scholarships Program.
"Important changes include:
- The program’s purpose has been revised as follows: to recognize student achievement and encourage students to pursue post-secondary education
- Under the revised program, all scholarships will be vouchers to be used upon registration and payment of tuition at a designated post-secondary institution
- Graduation Program Examinations Scholarships will be phased out. Final allocation will be to graduates in the 2015/16 school year
- District/Authority Scholarships will consist of vouchers only. A new area of recognition has been added: Indigenous Languages and Culture
- A new BC Excellence Scholarship will be launched for graduates in the 2015/16 school year
- A new BC Achievement Scholarship will be launched for graduates in the 2015/16 school year
- Secondary School Apprenticeship (SSA) students are eligible for the SSA Award; however it is no longer being administered under the Provincial Scholarships Program. The SSA Program Guide has additional information about criteria and procedures related to this award. Information is available at Apprenticeship and Trades."
Learn more about the Provincial Scholarships Program.