About the Dance Academy
Beginning in September 2014, the North Vancouver School District formed a partnership with Seymour Dance to offer a Dance Academy at Windsor Secondary School. The Dance Academy is parallel in design to existing academies, and provides for the participation of all students, male and female, regardless of their dance experience.
- Dance-Centered program aimed at developing the whole dancer consistent with the educational goals of leadership, fitness, active living and personal and social responsibility
- Encompasses individual training for balance, flexibility and strength as well as endurance, agility, body awareness and coordination
- Provides professional dance training in a wide variety of dance styles that will result in a well-rounded and diverse dance education
- Uses a passion for dance as the basis for becoming lifelong learners
The program is held at Seymour Dance Studio and consists of the Dance Curriculum as set out by Seymour Dance and the Physical and Health Education curriculum established by the B.C. Ministry of Education. Students earn their grade level P.H.E. credit upon successful completion of the program.
Who can ParticipateThe Dance Academy is open to students
in Grades 8-12.
Selection for the Dance Academy
Priority 1: Returning students
Priority 2: Wait-listed students from the previous year
Priority 3: Lottery for remaining students per Board Policy 605: Admission of Students to Schools
The total number of spots available will be dependent upon the number of returning students, the number of applications received, and the ability of schools to organize the school timetable to meet enrolment and programming requirements.Location/Schedule
Classes are held at Windsor Secondary/Seymour Dance Studio. Schedule to be determined.
* Transportation to and from the Academy site is the sole responsibility of the student and/or parent/guardian.
The total cost for
the Dance Academy is $1,575 for the 2021/22 school year.
To confirm a student's registration and secure placement in the Academy
for the 2021/22 school year, a non-refundable deposit of $157.50 is required
on or before March 28, 2021. Please Note: Non-payment by the deadline will result in automatic withdrawal from the Academy.
Fee: Parents/Guardians may pay the remaining balance in full or set-up
instalments any time between April and August 2021 through School Cash Online. Please Note: Failure to pay the balance in full or set up
instalments by the deadline will result in automatic withdrawal from the
*An additional Programming Fee of approximately $935 may apply to out-of-district students.
Ready to Apply?
New and returning academy students must complete the online application via School Cash Online. Applications will be accepted from
January 18, 2021 to February 21, 2021.
International students can contact email@example.com to apply.
Out-of-district applicants can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application link.
If you have any questions about our Dance Academy, please contact email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!