Cycling and rolling (rollerblades, scooters, etc.) to and from school have many benefits:
- Being active is important for the overall physical health of children and teens (and for adults as well).
- Mental wellbeing improves with activity – students learn better, are better rested, and are less anxious when they cycle/roll to school.
- Cycling/rolling to and from school reduces vehicle traffic around schools, which is safer for students.
- Connections are often made with neighbours while cycling/rolling to and from school, which equates to safer communities.
- Cycling/rolling to and from school with our children is valuable quality time parents can spend with their children.