North Vancouver School District
the natural place to learn©
Student and Family Affordability Fund

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​To support students and their families who are feeling challenged with the rising costs of living, the B.C. Ministry of Education and Child Care has provided the North Vancouver School District with one-time targeted, special grant funding through the Student and Family Affordability Fund

Funding support available

Funding support is meant to offset increased cost of living expenses and will be allocated toward school-related expenses incurred during the 2022-2023 school year. 

Eligible expenses include:
  • School fees (e.g., fees for school sports and other school activities)
  • School/course supplies, such as:
    • Basic school supplies that may otherwise be purchased by families and students, such as pens, paper, etc.
    • Additional supplies for shop, culinary and craft classes, workbooks, camps, one-day field trips, cultural events, student society meetings including those related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and instrument and equipment fees.
  • Clothing/footwear required for school sports or other school activities
  • Basic necessities
  • Athletic wear (for school athletics)
  • Family food security (groceries)
  • PAC hot lunch
  • One-day field trips

Request support

To request support at any time during the 2022-2023 school year, please complete the appropriate form(s) below and submit in confidence to your child’s teacher, principal, counsellor or front office staff.

Application to ​Waive School Fee form
-->​Use this form to request a waiver of school fees such as costs for courses or programs, cultural events, activities, one-day field trips, instrument rental, and athletics fees.

Request for Family Assistance form​
-->Use this form to request support for expenses including, for example, school/course supplies, clothing/footwear, basic necessities, family food security and PAC hot lunch.


Please start with our FAQ​. Should you have any questions, please direct them to your child’s principal.​

Additional information