By Lisa Dalla Vecchia, Communications Manager
The inaugural Outdoor Safety & Emergency Preparedness Open House, held on Saturday, May 7, at Argyle School, was a tremendous success! Visit the event’s website to view photos from the day (scroll to the bottom of the page).
As you can see from the images, the day was filled with big smiles, whether from children climbing into rescue equipment, including helicopter, ladder truck, or ATVs; participating organizations eager to speak with members of the public; families connecting with first responders and experts in emergency management; student volunteers welcoming the community to their school; or school district staff, pleased to be able to bring the community together once again.
In addition to participating organizations, the school district would like to extend its gratitude and thank the many individuals, municipal bodies, organizations and businesses who supported this year’s family-friendly, community event:
- Argyle School administration, students and staff, and in particular:
- Students from Leadership 11 and Outdoor Education 11/12
- Teachers Sean Soper, Bryan Lockless, Ryan Duffy and Ryan Edgar
- Argyle Family of Schools and Parent Advisory Councils
- Argyle / Lynn Valley residents
- District of North Vancouver
- City of North Vancouver
- North Vancouver Recreation and Culture Commission
- Talon Helicopters
- COBS Bread, Capilano Mall (refreshments)
- Delany's Coffee, Lynn Valley Village (coffee)
- North Shore News (media sponsor)
- Alexa Smyth (event photographer)
- SR Media (event videographer)
- St. Clements Church (parking lot)
- Lynn Valley Community Recreation Centre (parking lot)
- NVSD Facilities and Maintenance, including custodians and maintenance yard team
- NVSD Information & Communication Technology
For more information about the event, please visit the event website: or contact the event organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos by Alexa Smyth, @asmythphotography.