Come learn, share and grow with us!
North Vancouver School District is not only "the natural place to learn," it's also the natural place to work. We provide world-class instruction and a rich diversity of engaging programs to inspire success for every student and bring communities together to learn, share, and grow. We are noted for our progressive approach to instruction, our firm belief in Inclusive Education, advocacy for Indigenous Learning and emphasis on social-emotional learning. Our 25 elementary and 7 secondary schools provide a safe, culturally diverse and nurturing environment for approximately 16,000 students.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
- All contract teachers are offered benefits coverage, including part-time teachers or temporary contract teachers.
- Seniority is accrued at 1.0 FTE. Even if in a part-time assignment you will accrue seniority as if you were working a full-time 1.0 FTE.
- Ability to port unlimited sick leave from other public school districts in B.C.
- No assignment is less than half a day.
- We offer all contract teachers, including part-time or temporary, the option of a "12 Month Pay Plan." This allows the teacher to receive partial payment of their annual salary in July and August.
Professional Development and Funding
Professional Development funding is offered (certain requirements apply) for activities initiated by the teacher including:
- Guest speakers
- Serving as a sponsor teacher
- Collaborating with colleagues
- Professional development funds of up to $250 per year can be accessed through the North Vancouver Teacher's Association.
- Educational improvement leave for one year with full or partial salary upon approval by the Board.
- Mentorship – In collaboration with the NVTA, we provide a strong mentorship program where both the mentor and mentee gain from the experience. Mentorship provides a voluntary opportunity for teachers to enhance their practice in a safe, confidential and learning-focused relationship. This is accomplished with an experienced colleague in a completely non-evaluative, non-remedial process based on trust of all those involved. The process will empower all participants in their own professional growth through constructive feedback and build leadership capacity within schools and across the District.
- Dell Canada Member Purchase Program
- Club 16 – Trevor Linden Fitness – Lonsdale Location
- Grouse Mountain
- Bar Method
- Office 365 Home Use Program
- Spin Society 15% discount