Come Learn, Share and Grow with Us!
The North Vancouver School District
is not only "the natural place to learn," but also the natural place to
We provide world-class instruction
and a rich diversity of engaging programs to inspire success for every student
and bring communities together to learn, share, and grow. We are known for our
progressive approach to instruction, firm belief in Inclusive Education,
advocacy for Indigenous Learning, and emphasis on social emotional learning.
Our teaching, professional and
support staff provide a safe, culturally diverse and nurturing environment for approximately
16,000 students across 25 elementary and seven secondary schools.
Salary and Benefits
- All contract teachers
are offered benefits coverage, including part-time or temporary contract
- Seniority is accrued
at 1.0 FTE. Even in a part-time assignment, teachers accrue
seniority as if working a full-time 1.0 FTE.
- No assignment is less
than half a day.
- Teachers are able to
port unlimited sick leave from other public school districts in B.C.
- All contract teachers,
including part-time or temporary, may participate in a "12 Month Pay
Plan." This allows teachers to receive partial payment of their
annual salary in July and August.
Professional Development & Funding
Professional Development funding is offered (certain requirements apply) for teacher-initiated activities, including:
- Conferences and staff retreats
- Online courses, teacher inquiry projects and self-directed Pro-D
- Mentoring or serving as a sponsor teacher
- Collaborating with colleagues
- Reading professional journals/books
- Professional development funds of up to $250/year (available through the North Vancouver Teacher's Association (NVTA)).
- Educational improvement leave for one year with full or partial salary (upon approval by the Board of Education).
- Mentorship. Offered in collaboration with the NVTA, our mentorship program provides teachers with an opportunity to enhance their practice in a voluntary, confidential and learning-focused way. Mentees are paired with an experienced mentor (colleague) in a completely non-evaluative, non-remedial process. The mentorship program is designed to empower all participants in their own professional growth through constructive feedback, while building leadership capacity within schools and across the District.
Employee Incentives include:
- Dell Canada Member Purchase Program
- Office 365 Home Use Program
Applying for your B.C. Teaching Certificate? Click HERE
- Club 16 – Trevor Linden Fitness (Lonsdale Location)
- Grouse Mountain
- Bar Method
- Spin Society
Applying to NVSD? Click HERE