Come Learn, Share and Grow with Us!
Assistants (EA) are important members of our school teams. EA’s work collaboratively with teachers and
other professionals to support students with diverse learning needs. As an EA you will create inclusive learning
experiences for students who may have physical, socio-emotional, health,
sensory and learning challenges to help the student reach their full potential.
We are noted for our progressive
approach to instruction, our firm belief in Inclusive Education, advocacy for Indigenous
Learning and an emphasis on social-emotional learning. Our 25 elementary and 7 secondary schools
provide a safe, culturally diverse and nurturing environment for approximately
16,000 students. Come learn, share and grow with us!
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Starting Salary (on call and permanent) – both permanent and on-call start at $29.56 per hour (as of July 1, 2019)
- On-call: 14% in lieu of benefits
- Permanent positions: eligible for benefits and municipal pension if in a continuing position, working 16 hours or more per week, and after 6 months of employment.
- Pro-D days: NVCI, First Aide, Wellness programs, or any other opportunity offered to CUPE employees, during school district-wide Pro-D days.
- Other opportunities: permanent employees can access up to $250 per year from CUPE funds for professional development related to their position.
- Dell Canada Member Purchase Program
- Club 16 – Trevor Linden Fitness – Lonsdale Location
- Grouse Mountain
- Bar Method
- Office 365 Home Use Program
- Spin Society 15% discount
- and more…