Come Learn, Share and Grow with Us!
Our custodians are valued members
of our School Community. As a Custodian
you will play an essential role in service operations by keeping our schools safe
and well-maintained. Custodians provide
routine janitorial service, ensure that our schools are secure and assist
students, staff and the public when needed. Our 25 elementary and 7 secondary schools provide a safe,
culturally diverse and nurturing environment for approximately 16,000
students. Come learn, share and grow with us!
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Starting Salary (on call and permanent) – $22.99 per hour (as of July 1, 2019)
- On-call: 14% in lieu of benefits
- Permanent positions: eligible for benefits and municipal pension if in a continuing position, working 16 hours or more per week, and after 6 months of employment
- Pro-D days – First Aide, or any other opportunity offered to CUPE employees, during school district-wide Pro-D days.
- Other opportunities– permanent employees can access up to $250 per year from CUPE funds for professional development related to their position.
- Supplier-led training sessions on the proper use of the equipment and chemicals used within the school district.
- Dell Canada Member Purchase Program
- Club 16 – Trevor Linden Fitness – Lonsdale Location
- Grouse Mountain
- Bar Method
- Office 365 Home Use Program
- Spin Society 15% discount
- and more…