DISTRICT HONOUR ROLL CRITERIA
Students are recognized as Honour Roll students in each reporting period based on their grade percent average for that term, and the following criteria:
1. Honour Roll with Distinction (Grades averaging 89.5% or higher)
2. Honour Roll (Grades averaging 85.5% to 89.4%)
3. Honourable Mention (Grades averaging between 79.5% and 85.4%)
4. Must be taking eligible courses with the North Vancouver School District, including NVDL.
5. The following number of school-based courses are counted for each grade: Grades 8 - 10: 8 courses,
Grade 11: 7 courses, Grade 12: 6 courses.
6. Must be taking a minimum of:
• 8 eligible courses per year for Grades 8 – 10 (or the equivalent of a full program load – e.g. students enrolled in District Academies, Peak Performance Programme)
• 7 eligible courses for Grade 11
• 6 eligible courses (plus Transition Planning) for Grade 12
7. Will not be eligible if in any course, a student receives
• an Incomplete (I) or Failing (F) grade, or
• a "Needs Improvement"(N) for a Work Habit
Any course refers to all student courses (not just counting courses).
8. Courses not eligible: Teacher Assistant 11, Transition Planning 12, Leadership 11, Career Prep and Work Experience and any other course less than a full four credits.