2015 Major Award Winners
Award Grade Recipient
History 12 12 Martz, Gabriel
History 12 12 Clausius, Sophie
Pascal Math contest 9 Chen, Lucas
Cayley Math contest 10 Diaz, Ximena
Fermat Math Contest 10 Heathcote, Bentley
English 12 Bishop, Shaelin
Social Justice 12 Schmidt, Sarah
Fr Immersion 8 8 Bent, Claire
Fr Immersion 9 9 Schulz, Armin
Fr Immersion 10 10 Albu, Nika
Fr Immersion 11 11 Tom, Colby
Fr Immersion 12 12 Clausius, Sophie
Fr Immersion 12 12 Lonergan, Gillian
Gauss Math contest 8 Manouchehri, Sadra
Gauss Math contest 8 Tan, Jarel
Euclid Math contest 12 Wright, Taylor
Service Gold Plaque 12 Manshrek, Katherine
Service Gold Plaque 12 Kim, Yenah
Service Gold Plaque 12 Myers, Brooklin
Service Gold Plaque 12 Khan, Fibha
Service Silver Plaque 12 Wu, Julia
Service Silver Plaque 11 Carley, Cameron
Service Silver Plaque 11 Suri, Siddharth
Service Bronze Plaque 10 Suarez, Malcolm
Service Bronze Plaque 12 Sands, Julia
Service Bronze Plaque 10 Reisner, June
Service Bronze Plaque 12 Grehan, Colleen
Service Bronze Plaque 12 Clausius, Sophie
Service Bronze Plaque 12 Macdonald, Rakel
Service Bronze Plaque 12 Bowman, Samantha
Service Bronze Plaque 10 Vaux, Isabelle
Senior Science award 12 Conquergood, Nicole
Grade 8 male athlete of the year 8 White, Keelan
Grade 8 female athlete of the year 8 Anderson, Chloe
Grade 9 male athlete of the year 9 Gorgounis, Jordan
Grade 9 female athlete of the year 9 Jarvinen, Amara
Grade 10 male athlete of the year 10 Patterson, Shane
Grade 10 female athlete of the year 10 Wood, Devon
Grade 11 male athlete of the year 11 Biro, Stefan
Grade 11 female athlete of the year 11 Clayford-Beckie, Sarah
Grade 12 male athlete of the year 12 Puri, Lucas
Grade 12 female athlete of the year 12 Mundie, Alex
Grade 9 female athlete of the year 9 Elliott, Kristie
Grade 10 male athlete of the year 10 Flores, Adrian
Grade 11 male athlete of the year 11 Holowaty, Michael
Grade 11 female athlete of the year 11 Kellman, Kristen
Grade 12 male athlete of the year 12 Armstrong, Jack
Grade 12 female athlete of the year 12 Mundie, Jordie
Grade 8 Excellence Award 8 Jones, Robbie
Grade 9 Excellence Award 9 Sutcliff, Joe
Grade 10 Excellence Award 10 Vaux, Isabelle
Grade 11 Excellence Award 11 Carley, Cameron
Grade 12 Excellence Award 12 Grehan, Colleen
Grade 8 top Academic 8 Mitchell, Cameron
Grade 9 top Academic 9 Sutcliffe, Joe
Grade 10 top Academic 10 Albu, Nika
Grade 11 top Academic 11 Juwono, Stephen
Year End Awards
At the Windsor Awards ceremony in June the following awards will be recognized:
· The Honour Roll certificate is awarded to students who achieved Honour Roll or Honour Roll with Distinction status in both Terms 1 and 2. (see previous page for full criteria).
· The Honour Roll with Distinction certificate and the prestigious Duke Pin are awarded to students who achieve Honour Roll with Distinction status in both Terms 1 and 2 (see Honour Roll page for full criteria).
· A Certificate, Medal, or Plaque of Service is awarded to students who have made very significant contributions to the quality of school life at Windsor through extracurricular and volunteer activities. These awards are cumulative through the students years at Windsor. Students must track through year on a Service Tracking Form available in Student Services and have a sponsor sign-off on the hours and quality of service. The deadline for the completion and handing in of the tracking sheet is mid-May.
· A Certificate, Medal, or Plaque of Athletics is awarded to students who have made contributions to athletics at Windsor through their participation in school-based sports. These awards are cumulative through the student’s years at Windsor. Athletic points can be earned as follows:
Ø 1-10 points for participation on a school team (based on contribution, sportsmanship, leadership, and dedication to the team)
Ø 1-2 points awarded for reaching the North Shore playoffs
Ø 1 point awarded for reaching the Vancouver and District playoffs
Ø 1-3 points awarded for reaching the B.C. Championships
Top Individual Awards
· Governor-General’s Academic Medal is awarded to the graduating student with top Grade 12 academic marks. (As final marks are not determined until August, this award is generally presented at the next year’s award ceremony).
· Windsor Excellence Award (Grades 8-12) is presented annually to the student whose combined scholastic achievement, service-related endeavours, citizenship, athletics, and participation in the arts stand out across the grade. At Grade 10, this award is named the Trevor Craven Memorial Award.
· Top Academic Achievement Award (Grades 8-12) is given to the student whose academic average (all courses: Terms 1 and 2) ranks as the highest in the entire grade based on the minimum number of courses for Honour Roll requirements.
· Subject Awards (Grades 8-12) are determined by some departments.
· The Top Male and Female Athlete of the Year Awards (Grades 8-12) are determined by the Windsor Athletic Council.
Athletic Points and Awards
At the end of each school year, proficiency and contribution in the field of interscholastic athletics is recognized in the form of athletic awards. The criteria for determining point distribution are outlined below. At the end of each sport season, Windsor Athletic Points are awarded to athletes that participate on a school team. These Athletic Points are included in the criteria for nominating Athletes of the Year at various grade levels and as criteria for selecting Athletic Participation Awards.
· Athletic Certificates, Medals & Plaques shall be awarded to student athletes who accumulate the corresponding point totals in their athletic career at Windsor.
Certificate 25-49 Points Bronze Plaque 125-149 Points
Bronze Medal 50-74 Points Silver Plaque 150-174 Points
Silver Medal 75-99 Points Gold Plaque 175-199 Points
Gold Medal 100-124 Points Athletic Directors Plaque 200+ Points
· The criteria for Outstanding Athlete, or ‘Athlete of the Year’ awards are as follows:
a) Students in grade 8, 9, 10 must participate in 3 or more sports
b) Students in grade 11, 12 must participate in 2 or more sports
c) Students with the highest total of athletic points shall be recipients of the award
d) Two students from each grade, one from each gender will be designated recipients
e) Where multiple student athletes have similar scores, the winner shall be determined by the Athletic Coordinator in consultation with teacher coaches and PE instructors familiar with the athletes in question.