Grad Write Ups
Grads, your grad write ups are due February 1st! These must be submitted online at www.gradforms.com/seycoveseventeen Please do not be late with your submission, as late entries may not be included in the book.
SEYCOVE DRY AFTER-GRAD CELEBRATION
June 28 - 30, 2017
Dear Parents & Grads,
The parents of Seycove Grads have traditionally planned a Dry After-Grad activity to provide an alcohol/drug free environment to safely celebrate. This will be the last opportunity for our grads to be all together and is truly a special time. Although Seycove School supports the efforts of the parents to provide a Dry After-Grad, they are not involved in the planning, organizing or supervising of this event.
This year’s grads, like those before them, will be camping and white water rafting at a Rafting Resort near Lytton B.C. This event has been enthusiastically supported by the grads in previous years and been very successful.
The Grads will leave by bus immediately followed by the grad dinner/dance (June 28) and set up camp that night, raft the next day (June 29) , camp a second night and return to North Vancouver the following day (June 30) for the last gathering, the Grad BBQ, at Nadine & Bill Sheppard’s. Perhaps we should be renaming this event as we are arranging for a Food Truck this year!!
The cost of the trip in past years has been approx. $270 to $300. This price includes bus transportation to and from Lytton, 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner and the final BBQ back in North Vancouver. Confirmed cost and details will follow later this month as soon as we have them.
As Seycove Dry Grad Organizers we really need your help to make this happen. The following are the volunteer positions we will need filled:
Parent Grad Committee Coordinators –
Chris Burt, Fiona Douglas-Crampton, Michelle Forman, Teresa Lake, Nadine Sheppard, David Whittle
Rafting Trip coordinator - Chris Burt & Teresa Lake / firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Trip Chaperones (1 parent to every 10 grad students)
- Travel coordinator - Michelle Forman & Fiona Douglas-Crampton / firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- 15 Grad parents to Bag Check at Seycove from 8:30am to 11am on June 28
- 10 Grade 11 parents to load Bags onto the Buses at 10:30pm on June 28
- 8 Grad Parents for Hotel (Direct Parents to rooms & Small Bag Check)
- 2 Grad Parents for Pizza co-ordination before bus trip
- 2 Bus co-ordinators
BBQ host & coordinator – Nadine Sheppard / firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4-6 Grad Parents for Set up & Clean Up / Chaperones
- Finance - David Whittle / email@example.com
- If you can help in any of the above listed volunteer positions, please contact the coordinator directly via email.
- We hope that the grads will enjoy this last event together.
- On behalf of the Dry Grad committee 2017