recognized as achieving honour roll status in term 1 and term 2 based on their
grade percent average. The following criteria apply to honour roll
1. Honour Roll with
Distinction (Grades averaging 89.5% or higher);
2. Honour Roll (Grades
averaging 85.5% to 89.4%);
3. Honourable Mention (Grades averaging between
79.5% and 85.4%);
4. Eligible, school-based courses count
towards Honour Roll. Courses taken through correspondence, Distributed
Learning (other than North Vancouver Distributed Learning) etc. do not count;
5. The following minimum number of
eligible, school-based courses will be used in Honour Roll calculations:
- Grades 8 – 10: 8 courses ( or the
equivalent of a full district program load – e.g. academies, Peak
Performance Program, etc.);
- Grade 11: 7 courses;
12: 6 courses (Transition Planning must also be taken but is not eligible).
6. Students will be ineligible for honour roll
if they receive:
- an Incomplete (I) or Failing (F) grade;
- a “Needs Improvement” (N) for a Work Habit.
ineligible for honour roll calculation: Teacher Assistant 11, Transition
Planning 12, Leadership 11, Peer Tutoring, Career Explorations and Work
8. For year-end honour roll awards, students who have received Honour Roll or Honour Roll with Distinction in BOTH terms will be invited. The lower of the two awards will be awarded.
9. Honour Roll calculations depend on our developing
technological resources. Please note that any emergent changes to this policy
will be duly announced in our newsletters and on our website.