The application deadline for September 2018 is February 9, 2018.
For queries regarding enrolment for September 2018, please call 604.903.3555 or email Liz Thornhill or Jennifer Tieche.
While our application process is holistic in nature, academic achievement of an MYP level 5/6 or 80% is recommended.
The North Vancouver School District 44
offers the IB Diploma Programme as an Enhanced Program option for students
across the District. For students entering the two-year programme,
the fee is $1500.00, which includes the IBO Registration and
Examination Fees. An additional $200 payment is required upon entry to cover the cost of the student's interative digital resource bundle.
Parent & student information opportunities:
- January 16, 7:00pm, IB Diploma Information Session East, Windsor Secondary
- January 18, 7:00pm, District Enhanced Programs evening at Sutherland Secondary
- January 30, 7:00pm, IB Diploma Information Session West, Carson Graham Secondary
- January 31, 7:00pm, Carson Graham PAC Meeting - Guest Andrew Arida from UBC presents on Canadian University Admissions & IB students first year university performance
DP for a Day Opportunities for Current Grade 10 Students:
(students are invited to attend one of the following dates)
- Thursday, February 1, 8:35am-3:00pm, Carson Graham Secondary or
- Friday, February 2, 8:35am-3:00pm, Carson Graham Secondary
CARSON STUDENTS - Pick up a DP for a Day permission form in the IB office.
NON-CARSON STUDENTS - Please fill out and email the form below to email@example.com
DP for a day permission form 2018.docx.pdf
Application Deadline: February 9
Admission Assessment and Interview Sessions
(students are to attend one of the following dates)
- Monday, February 19, 4:00-5:30pm or
- Tuesday, February 20, 4:00-5:30pm
Offers of Acceptance
- First Offers (by email) February 26
- Second Offers (by email) March 6
Prospective 2018-2019 Candidates (May 2020 Cohort)
- Course Selections due
- Registration Cheques deposited
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme Application Form:
Sept 2018 IB Diploma Programme Application form.pdf
Current Carson Graham students wishing to apply to complete up to three IB certificate courses
can apply using the Certificate Application Form by February 16:
Sept 2018 IB Certificate Programme Application form.pdf
Out of Catchment Applicants
The school will complete the transfer process for out of catchment students. Families do not need to apply for transfer themselves.
Out of District Applicants
Full Diploma Programme fees are assessed in three separate
payments. Students pay $500.00 CDN upon acceptance into the programme plus $200 for the student's interactive digital resource bundle.
Then, the students are assessed $500.00 CDN in October of their first year,
and a final assessment of $500.00 CDN in October of their graduation year.
Students taking 1-3 certificate DP Courses will be charged $550 over two years
- $275 in Ocotber of the first year and another $275 in October of the second year of the programme plus the $80 interactive digitial resource charge (group 3, 4 & 5 courses only).
Over the course of the two-years, students
will engage in a variety of enrichment activities; if an activity has an
additional cost, students will be asked to pay on a per-activity basis. Each
September, our grade 11 students partake in our annual IB DP Retreat at North Vancouver
Outdoor School; the cost of the retreat for three days and two nights is
approximately $300.00 CDN.
Please note that North Vancouver School
District has a policy that recognizes that the payment of fees is a hardship
for some families. The NVSD encourages these families to make decisions about
application to programmes based on educational reasons, not financial ones. No
student will be denied participation in any program due to the inability to pay
the associated fees.
Pleae note fees for this program are under reivew and are likely to increase for Sept 2019.