News and Recognition
On Wednesday June 13th, 2018 the Argyle Athletics community hosted a banquet to celebrate the year in sports and to recognize some individual student-athletes, teams, and coaches.
Click here -> Athletic Recognition Program to see highlights and summary of the night. (This is a large file so it may take some time to load.)
Argyle Athletics Philosophy
The objective of extra-curricular athletics at Argyle is to foster a healthy appreciation of competitive individual and team sports and the important role of sport in a healthy lifestyle. Specifically, our program aims for the pursuit of excellence in the areas of commitment, competition, skill development, cooperation, sportsmanship, leadership, participation and enjoyment by Argyle students.
We hold the following values when it comes to supporting and coaching our athletes, managing our athletes, coaches, and teams, and upholding policies for our Athletics programs:
- Positive experiences and lasting memories that promote the lifelong love of sport and its role in a healthy lifestyle
- Opportunities for all students to participate in our programs, regardless of talent, ability, or socio-economic background
- Athletic skill and personal development are equally important in the development of well-rounded student athletes
- Compliments and enhances our school values and goals of educating the whole child
- Always keeps the safety of the child first and foremost
We want our student-athletes to be strong self-advocates and communicators when it comes to their own athletic and learning experiences. The principal of an increased responsibility as the student progresses through the grades is a core premise.
The focus for teams at the Bantam and Juvenile levels (Grades 8 & 9) is to maximize participation, improve individual fundamental skills, develop team skills, and provide student-athletes with a positive experience in athletics. At the Junior and Senior levels the individual and team focus is more competitive. Emphasis is on team concept development and execution. The principles of fair play are to be adhered to at all times.